Monday, April 5, 2010

Quick Easter Projects

I love Easter! It's a time of celebration and prayer at our house so I usually opt for Christian-themed decor, instead of the usual bunnies or chicks, but this year I found a couple of really cute projects I wanted to try. Truth be told, my original plan was to make a few handmade cards with my new Prima stash, and a centerpiece for my kitchen table (Martha Stewart had some great Easter craft ideas on her site HERE), but that bright idea went right out the window when Saturday rolled around and I still hadn't started anything. So I made these little baskets instead. They were fun to do and looked great as favors on our dinner table. I also made a few with a more masculine feel for all the adult men (they appreciated that!). You can see the how-to HERE - thanks Melanie for telling me about this site! (FYI - I used "Chinet" drinking cups instead of the Solo brand that is recommended in the video - couldn't find the Solo cups).

And because I've been in "banner" mode lately I couldn't resist this cute little Jenni Bowlin Easter project. I had to change the papers around a little...wish you could see this in person; it's so sweet!
Well it's back to folding my laundry. Sometimes I feel like I'm doing this way too much - aren't teenagers programmed to fold laundry and wash dishes at some point in their lives? hmmm...

Hope you all enjoyed your Easter weekend! Thanks for visiting with me today. xoxo