Thursday, November 5, 2009

Vive la Reine

Have you noticed all the Marie Antoinette-inspired art that has recently appeared all over the internet? I admit being attracted to the decadent, alluring and tragic tale of this lavish Queen of France since reading this magazine published by Stampington, and I've been fascinated by the work of the many artists who have portrayed her life in their pieces. The gorgeous dresses, decadent lifestyle and bling, bling bling!!! Everything is so lavish and opulent; music to this girl's heart. So imagine how thrilled I was when I was accepted as a member of Marie Antoinette Mail Art; a group of artists from all over the world who gather together to celebrate all things Marie. I just love this group! Everyone is so friendly, and talented (I'm a bit intimidated for sure); and they all welcomed me with open arms. I created these ATCs to celebrate Marie, her lavish lifestyle, and the new friends I have made through the group. Images are from Vintage Bella. Thanks for visiting...be blessed:-)