Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Recipe Swap...

I recently joined a monthly recipe swap that started in August, so a few weeks ago I made 2 sets of 12 cards- one for August (featuring an appetizer) and one for September (featuring a main dish), only to have them all get destroyed before they were mailed out. I could have waited and started all over agan in October, but I didn't feel right about that since I had already received a few cards from others. So I decided to make another 2 sets...the only glitch was I had to do this quickly..as in TODAY, because this was the only day I had time to devote to the project. That meant I had to keep everything super, super simple - and let go of my "bling" mentality and "need-to-over-embellish" impulses. These look NOTHING like my blinged out originals, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everyone will be happy with what they receive. Wow, I'm just noticing how crooked that Salsa recipe is -- I really blew through that one, huh? LOL