Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day!

V20copy The weather in New York is frightful, but it's Valentine's Day and I am so excited! I have quite a bit to share with you. I'll have to make multiple posts because we are experiencing sporadic power outages.  First, I'll tell you about my tea party...I had the honour of hosting 5 lovely ladies at my home for afternoon tea. Dana, Louise, Jennifer, Christine and Danielle (yes, the Vintage Dragonfly flew to my house yesterday!).  There were a few people who couldn't make it at the last minute (missed you Joyce, Felicia, Corinne and Bailey!) but we had a good time for them as well! My friend Christine, the scone-maker extraordinaire, spoiled us with her delectable orange-glaze and cinnamon recipes. I prepared and served a few tea sandwiches (cheddar and chutney, chicken salad, egg salad with watercress, cucumbers and cream cheese -- email me if you want the recipes) and we all enjoyed piping hot cups of delicious tea. My friends not only gifted me with the pleasure of their company, but with their generosity as well...
Dana bought me these beautiful green tinted roses -- so lovely! 
Pics032_6 
Louise wished a touch of spring upon me when she gave me these lovely tulips.
Pics038_4
My sweet friend Jennifer makes homemade soaps and gave me these delightful heart-shaped pretties that are made with real cocoa!
Pics041_4
Christine, my forever tea friend, gave me this beautiful Royal Albert plaque in honour of our special day together
Pics036_7 (front) Pics035_6 (back)
and Danielle brought me one of her gorgeous Valentine's Day ornaments.
Pics029_5 
What an amazing day. It was so wonderful to spend time catching up with my friends and introducing everyone to each other. I was thoroughly exhausted last night, but would do it all again in a heartbeat. As a matter of fact, we're in the process of planning a movie night together. Should be fun! If you have ever thought about having a small get-together in your home but haven't had the moxy to get it going, please don't hesitate to do so. It doesn't matter how big or beautifully decorated your place is the idea is to show your friends that you care about them and want to invite them to spend a special time together. In this crazy, hectic world, your efforts will be greatly appreciated.  Make it special, make it beautiful. Believe me, you will be richly rewarded with fun, laughter and heartfelt thanks.


By the way, here are the finished favors. I purchased a Whitman's sampler tin of candy (inspired by Pam Garrison's blog birthday favors), added Jennifer's homemade Rose Petal Soap and a small sachet.
Pics004_4 Pics022_4


I'll be back at 4PM today for the Valentine's Day drawing. Thank you to all who have left a comment and entered the drawing for the journal. I have to run now and take goody bags to my daughter's Valentine's party (it's snowing, sleeting and raining here and her class is having an ice cream social!). We found miniature mailboxes at Target for a dollar and decorated them together...here's a peek:
Mailboxes
Speak soon:-) xoxo