Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Sweet 13

Untitled3_4  Well, it's official! I've been making a big deal out of this long-awaited event and now that it's over,  it feels bittersweet. I am officially the mother of a...a...a...TEENAGER!!!!! Amanda turned 13 this past weekend and life will never be the same.  She's a great kid, and not your stereotypical teen, but I still feel so OLD!! I remember vividly the all the "firsts" of her life: the moment she was born;  her first smile;  her first tooth; her first step; her first day of kindergarten; and now, she's 13. Unbelievable!


Her dad and I were looking forward to having a big party to mark this milestone, but my daughter, being of sound mind, chose to keep things simple and invite a few friends to the movies and a pizza dinner (pics are coming!).  We gave each girl a goodie bag with a "Littlest Pet Shop" toy (I know, not very teenager-ish, but my daughter loves them!) and a big Hershey's chocolate bar with handmade wrappers that she made herself (see below).  Afterwards we all enjoyed cake and ice cream at home, and Mandy's best friend Eva stayed over.  The girls talked and giggled (along with little sister Allie) all night long and woke up way too early. It was a very fun-filled and exciting weekend for everyone.  Love you Amanda Rae!


Mandycandy_4