Friday, July 2, 2010

Getting Ready for the Fourth

So glad to be blogging again. I have really missed this place and will be spending the next few days sweeping away the cobwebs and redecorating a bit. It's been a long time so be warned this is a looooong post! LOL

Allie's surgery went well. The first week was pretty rough but she's doing amazingly well now. Her voice is pretty much back to normal and she can once again eat her favorite sandwiches at California Pizza Kitchen, which makes for one very happy 14 year-old.

I haven't had the opportunity to focus on creating anything lately, but I did apply for a DT position at Citrus Tree Studio a few days ago. I didn't make the team but Cindy honored me with a Guest Design appointment, which to this scrapping newbie is quite an honor. I am so excited and am looking forward to working with her beautiful kits. Speaking of which, here is a layout I made with one of the "Men's Department" June kit.

This is a photo of Allie taken at our local beach. I'm not sure what it is that she is looking at but whatever it is, she wasn't too thrilled about it.

All items are from Citrus Tree Studio's June kit featuring Bella Blvd.'s "Man of the house"

The photos in the next layout aren't that great but I don't care. They were taken 4 years ago when Mandy was 13 and had her first sleepover with her best friend at the time. Sean took them for a walk to the stables and the girls were so excited to see the horses roaming around.

All items, except blue alphas (Thickers "Poolside") and corner adornments (MME "So Sophie") are from the Citrus Tree Studio April kit "Butterfly Skies" featuring American Crafts Letterbox papers.

I also made a layout based on the June CTS Sketch provided by the very talented Julie Bonner. Here's the sketch:


Isn't it fab? Love the tags; I'm seeing all kinds of possibilities for those. I'll be using this one again, for sure! ...and here's my layout:

Patterned papers, journaling spots and sticker embellies: Sass Lass "Cherry Delicious"...Ticket stubs: MME "So Sophie" die cut sheet..."Fun" banner and alphas: Jenni Bowlin

I love these photos, although they are blurry. One summer day, on a whim, we piled into the car and headed out east. We came upon this farm stand in the middle of nowhere selling all kinds of homemade goodies, one of which was this incredibly delicious roasted corn. It was so yummy that I still get hungry every time I think about it! There was also a small band playing classic rock music, and lots of rides and a petting zoo. We were not prepared for this adventure but we loved it and go back every year!

Finally, (warned you this was a long post!) I made a couple of cards with the same fully-loaded kit:

These two were for Father's Day...
and these were just little 4x4 notecards. I felt like making something small and cute and these little guys fit the bill.

Wow, this really was a long-winded post! If you're still here thanks for sticking with me. Hope everyone has a fabulous holiday weekend!