Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Crop Weekend

Ok, so seriously..these weekends are just waaaaay too much fun! Oh my gosh! I have never laughed (and cried) so much in my life. Just love hanging with all the girls during these weekend retreats. Barb and Julie are fabulous hostesses.

This time around I discovered Trader Joe's fabulous Pink Lemonade. No sugar and tastes FABULOUS! You have to try it. I bought some to the crop and we finished it within an hour. Yes, we were a bit thirsty; unloading our cars is a very exhausting experience, especially in the oppressive heat!. Another great discovery was the wonderful "Cucumber-Orange" water the hotel made for us. They served about 3 gallons of water in a beautiful glass urn filled with cucumber and orange slices and plenty of ice; very easy and refreshing. I'm going to make a batch at home when I have a chance.

As usual, I met some new friends and reconnected with dear old ones. We all laughed, ate, and occasionally we actually worked on our scrapbooks. You can meet some of my cropping buddies through my Facebook page...come on over and introduce yourself; better yet, come join us for a weekend - we'd love to see you!

Here are a couple of layouts I managed to actually finish. This first one is of my little Cody, our very energetic Westie. He is a real handful; very fiesty and a bit crazy, but that zaniness makes him all the more lovable.

Products used: K&Co. Poppyseed collection,
American Crafts Cardstock

This is a photo of my dear, sweet Mandy. She just turned 17 when this was taken and I wanted to capture her in "everyday" mode.
Products used:
Cardstock: American Crafts
Patterned Paper: K&Co, Poppyseed Collection,
American Crafts Thickers : Glass Slipper (awesome alphas!)
Rhinestones: Michael's

This is a photo of my Allie with her cousin Kelly the morning after their first summer sleepover. They are the same age and rarely see each other during the school year so it was a treat to to have Kelly spend the weekend with us.

Products used:
Cardstock: Bazzill expresso
Patterned Paper: Bella Blvd. "Estate Sale", Girl's Paperie "Paper Doll"
Alphas: American Crafts Thickers: Delight

Ok...not bad. Three layouts completed and about ten in progress (but who's counting, LOL)...

Hope you all enjoyed your weekend as well. See you soon.

xoxo
Cris