Friday, July 30, 2010

AAAACHOOO!!! (and a little Pebbles for good luck!)

I've been wanting to blog all week...really, I have; but life got in the way and knocked me down with a serious summer cold. Sneezing, coughing, headache, fever...you name it, I've got it. At least I can breathe today - my sinus infection is better but I'm still a little out of it, (as my kids can attest to). So, until I can gather my thoughts and get my mojo going again thought I would share some layouts I did a few days ago with these super fun papers from Pebbles, Inc. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post these, but I am so in love with these products I can't help myself. This is the Treehouse Collection, and let me tell you girlfriends, this line is FUN, FUN, FUN!!! I love the bold colors and how well they all mix up together. Every single paper in this line is gorgeous -- No matter what happens with this call, I'm officially a junkie.

I used Melinda's sketch #1 from The Scrap Farm Sketches site for this first layout...

Love this photo of my big baby girl!
Journaling is all about Amanda at age 17 and reads:
- is learning to drive
- hates scary movies
- has a very active social calendar
- loves her Droid
- can do laundry like a pro
- loves to go to the mall
- still sleeps with her stuffed animals
- lives on chocolate, Starbucks and Burger King
- has a big heart and a very proud Mom

My now 14 yr-old a few years back at her 5th grade end-of-the-year party. Their teacher bought the whole class some silly string to play with and they went crazy! This layout is also meaningful to me because my daughter suffered a very bad seizure just one week before this was taken and had to be heavily medicated. Sh's fine now and is off her meds, but this represents a scary time in her sweet life.

This photo always makes me laugh, Mandy during "Spirit Week" at school this past May. She was supposed to dress in her class colors, which were black and red, so I'm not sure how the brown leggings fit in, but she wore them anyway...and check out the sneakers! So funny....


aaaaahhhh...CHOOO! Ok, I'm done...back to my regularly scheduled cold.

(enjoy your weekend!)
xoxo
Cris