Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Woo-Hoo I beat the Flu!













Wow...this flu bug really did me in! I can't believe how long it's taking me to get over this thing. After 2 weeks I still feel tired and run down. I've been drinking lots of tea and taking vitamins- and trying to get more sleep, which is hard to do when you're the mom of 2 teens who have very busy schedules.

Well, I'm happy to be back in my little art room, but I'd forgotten about all the projects I had started before this flu thing hit us. I think it's time to get moving and finish these before the deadlines come and go. In the meantime, I thought I would revisit a project I had fun with over the summer.

I was part of an art collaborative and our assignment was to create an altered book with a nursery rhyme theme (doesn't that sound so cool?). I chose "Mary, Mary Quite Contrary" and used a children's hardcover book as my base. Here's the book before, after it had been sanded and wiped down (poor Dora...I'm so sorry sweetie)...


and after:


I don't know if you can tell by looking at the photo, but I am seriously addicted to gesso...


I use it on everything. It's a borderline obsession, and it's all Audrey's fault. It took her a year to finally talk me into using it on my artwork and now I can't stop! I'll talk more about the virtues of gesso (and oil pastels) in another post, but for now here's a peek at the rest of the pages.





Thanks for visiting with me and being such great online friends! I'm going to slowly but surely work through this crafty mess of mine over here, and will hopefully have something fun to share soon...Oh, almost forgot! I received the most adorable album from Faye. I'll post a video soon but in the meantime, check it out on her blog. This thing is soooooo cuuuuuute!!!