Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Eve 2009

Wow...the last day of 2009...seems like yesterday I was surviving the mad ordering rush for Becky Higgins Project 365 (remember the Jan 1 2009 mayhem that caused?) and watching the Rose Parade. This year has come and gone so quickly!

Sorry I have been out of touch. We've been enjoying a lovely vacation on the beautiful island of Barbados this week.

I'm writing this from the veranda of our 3000-square foot condo (they offered us an upgrade we could not refuse!) while sipping mango juice and enjoying the most magnificent sunset I have ever seen! It is absolutely beautiful here, and the Bajans have spoiled us rotten.

The weather is very warm and humid but there is a wonderful breeze that keeps us cool all day and night. It's amazing that we can sleep with the windows and patio doors open - I love hearing the waves crash while I'm drifting off. The beach at our resort is pristine - the water is crystal clear and has a turquoise glow to it most of the day; and the sand feels like clay.

I'll upload a few photos later. Right now it's time to get ready for our New Year's Eve bash tonight. Enjoy your evening my friends!!!!