Thursday, December 10, 2009

"Vintage Flair" Mini

Warning: Lots of photos below

I can't believe it's mid-December already...Good grief! I finished my second round of antibiotics and am finally feeling better. I want to thank you all so much for the lovely emails I received. Your warm thoughts cheered me up when I was sick (THANK YOU!).

We've been busy with school, work and Christmas preparations. There's so much to do and time is flying by so fast. If I can stay away from the mall I think I'll actually enjoy myself this year. Christmas shoppers can sometimes be your worse nightmare.

So on to art-related stuff: Here's a mini I just finished for Faye, my November GGS partner. I'll post the video later (still have to edit it). I used the "Vintage Flair" kit from Scrap For A Cure, as well as trims and trinkets from my own stash. The base is made with envelopes, an idea I learned from watching Marion's tutorial on YouTube. Stephanie also created a beautiful album based on the same technique. At first I thought the envelopes were too flimsy to use as a base, but when you cover them with cardstock and build the pages, it turns out to be quite sturdy. This was a ton of work but I had so much fun making it. Hope Faye enjoys it too. That's it for now. Thanks for visiting with me.






The transparency on the left is from a Hambly journaling sheet I had in my stash?