Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Getting Ready...


Frontdoor_2I'm hosting a Valentine's Day Tea at for my neighbors this year. Oh joy! I love parties, especially girly parties like teas and bridal showers. It's great to get together with my girlfriends and enjoy all the pretty little femmy things that go with these types of events. I noticed these darling tea cups during one of my daily Starbucks visits (I'm there way too much) and thought they would make great favors. Starbucks is one of my favorite places to shop for great gifts. I nearly wiped them out at Christmas time (my secret is out!). Anyway, look at these adorable cups!Favors_1  Notice the little pink tulle ribbon on the handle and the "love" charm? How stinkin' cute is that??? These make me so happy! I'm inviting 6 neighbors and these will be at every place setting. I thought I'd fill them with little homemade soaps (rose scent, of course), candy treats and sachets.  And this will be my centerpiece:Centerpiece_1


I put a pretty bowl in the middle of a rose wreath (left over from Christmas) and filled it with potpourri (Fresh Cut Roses).  I also bought tea lights and votives in the same scent...YUM!


See this cute bouquet?Bouquet 


I made this for my dear Mom...love that woman, she's so hip! I saw one just like this on display at my local Michael's so I copied it. Very easy to make. The vase is actually an oversized drinking glass. I placed  an oasis block inside, hot glued confetti to the oasis, filled the glass with red and pink shredded stuff and stuck in the roses and little teddy. I also found this gorgeous beaded heart ornament for the front, but you can't it in the picture.


I'm having way too much fun planning this party. Maybe I should quit and do something constructive, like clean the bathrooms, fold laundry, or take care of those dishes that keep piling up in the sink??...hmmm...NOT!! I think I'll pull out my art stuff and work on the invitations! I mean, I do need to invite people, right?  lol..xoxo