Thursday, June 1, 2006

Great Mail Day

Img089_2 I finally had a chance to weed through all the mail that's collected, and I'm so glad I did. I received these very lovely ATCs from the amazingly talented Kerrie; a treat all the way from Australia (aren' t they gorgeous?!). 


I also received a sheet of beautiful images from the sweetest of sweeties, Maija.  I couldn't wait to work with them and had high hopes for a very productive art day, but alas, house chores got in the way and I could only muster enough energy and time to create the simple collage posted below.  The quote by Grandma Moses reads:  "Life is...what we make it. Always has been, always will be." Thank you Maija and Kerrie!!


Img088_4  By the way, I wasn't going to mention this, but I figured you all would get a kick out of it...we were back in the ER with Allie on Monday, only four short days from our first visit detailed below. No, it wasn't a relapse. (Thank the Lord!). Quite the contrary...My little darling decided to fly down a steep hill on her new bike and attempt a non-stop "Mario Andretti" turn into our little beach lot at the end of the block. Well, needless to say, that wasn't a good idea.  Thank Goodness she was wearing her helmet. Five hours later she came home with three stitches in her knee and a very brusied nose (we actually thought she broke it!).  Her birthday party is Saturday, and she'll turn ten next week. Think I should keep her in a bubble until then? LOL...well, at least we can breathe easy about this one. Here she is two weeks ago when she first mounted the bike.


Home_047_5