Saturday, March 27, 2010

Ninja Blog Hop...

I love my blog buddies. I have had the good fortune of meeting the most incredible friends while surfing the net and visiting their blogs. Recently my buddies Melanie, Deb and I wanted to do a scrapping project together, and since we all love kit clubs we thought it would be fun to pick one club, make a few projects, and do a blog hop. Once Deb introduced us to the Pink Ninja Addicts, we decided to use their Carousel kit. What fun club! And Ally, one of the owners, is so incredibly sweet. So if you're here because you're hopping along with us, thanks for visiting! I used the Carousel and Wind-It-Up add-on kits for my projects...
and here is what I came up with: First is this banner:
Here are close-ups of the panels. I made the white flowers from coffee filters and the centers are these cool flowers (and a pin) we got in our kits. I also used two vintage images (from my stash) on each end panel to add visual interest.
Love the cute hat pins in the following pic. The blue crocheted flower is really pretty. This is actually half of the flower -- it was pretty big! I saved the other half for another project... and look at that cute ballerina!
I fell in love with the "glass slipper" Thickers we got in the kit. They are sooooooo pretty in person...soooo pretty!
Notice the "bling" wings on the little girl (love those too!)... and I cut her crown from the Teresa Collins paper that was included...too stinkin' cute!
Here's the mini album I made. I decided that this would be a "sisters" theme album for my two teens. They're growing up so fast and have such different personalities...I hope they always stay close. For the base I used a small children's board book from the dollar section at Target. The cover is all Teresa Collins paper with another set of "bling" angel wings added on each side.
I silhouetted the photos and added the journaling in a "curve" around the images. The triangle page you see below was supposed to be part of the banner, but I decided to use it here. It's called a "tip-in" page, a term from my altered book days wherein you add a page to an already bound book. I'll post a tutorial on this technique if anyone is interested...

and finally I made this little card...hard to photograph since it's so windy here today. I used the lovely chipboard journaling stickers from the add-on kit. Oh my! I fell in love with these (well, it's Prima of course!)
That's it for my projects. Thanks so much for stopping by and if you haven't done so already, please be sure to visit Melanie and Deb's blogs to see their amazing work (really, they are so dang awesome!). This was so fun. I hope you're inspired to do something like this with your blog friends too!

xoxo
Cris